Sign now: ONE Vote Platform for US Leadership on Global Health
The COVID-19 global pandemic has shown the world how a global health crisis can have catastrophic and far reaching consequences - threatening years of progress in the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease and our own national security.
Regardless of who wins the upcoming election this November, the next President of the United States will not only need to address the current global pandemic at hand, but must plan for how to predict, prevent, and respond to pandemics in the future.
To help end the COVID-19 pandemic and fight preventable disease and extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries, ONE is calling on US presidential candidates and Congress to commit to making global health a key priority of their agendas.
Sign on and tell presidential candidates that a global pandemic demands a global response!
Presidential candidates Trump and Biden, and candidates for Congress should commit to:
- A global response to the COVID-19 pandemic that supports the most vulnerable and includes equitable distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine and treatment to ensure we end this pandemic around the world
- Strengthening U.S. investment in fighting global infectious disease in order to prepare for and prevent the next pandemic
- Bold leadership in the fight to end AIDS around the world by 2030
- Working with the international community through organizations like the WHO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and Global Fund to fight preventable disease
- Fighting extreme poverty around the world